Compliance / KYC Analyst
About The Role
An exciting opportunity for a Compliance Analyst to join our growing team. Assist in reporting and KYC on-boarding of international clientele.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement effective compliance frameworks
- IT literate
- Will become a subject matter expert on our Compliance administration system
- Create appropriate internal controls and ensure they are followed correctly
- Perform Compliance Assurance including control design and control effectiveness testing
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses and collaborate with external auditors when needed
- Educate and train staff on regulations and industry practices and address concerns/questions on legal compliance
- Provide general advice on all legal and governance matters relating to the work conducted by the company
- Prepare, draft and review all relevant legal documents (i.e. contract), regulations, policies and other documents
- Prepare and ensure the company AML/CFT practices are appropriately followed by the business and employees
- Prepare and submit Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR), Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), or Prescribed Transaction Reports (PTR) as required
- Conduct ongoing KYC checks on our existing and future client base
- Prefer willingness to be office based and work with a collaborative team
Required Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Finance, Law, Commerce or another related discipline
- Financial markets experience
- Preferably with compliance and/or risk management professional experience (at least 2-3 years experience)
- Good and tested judgment and analytical skills, with an emphasis on application in a regulatory and compliance environment
- well organised, focused and efficient task completer.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: persuasive, ability to listen to other ideas, and the ability to engage others in your ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management experience
Benefits & Perks
- A rapidly growing team, with importance placed on culture and team building.
- Brand new high-rise office location in the heart of Auckland’s CBD.
- Industry-specific training if interested to know more about the business.
- Multiple opportunities for training, growth, personal and professional development.
To enquire about, or apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume along with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.