BlackBull Markets are based and registered in New Zealand. We are also governed by the FMA for KYC & AML (Know Your Client & Anti-Money Laundering Policies) and this implies more stringent on-boarding requirements.
Understandably this can be an inconvenience, however rest assured you are trading with a Broker that operates to the highest possible standard, which means the smooth operation of your future Trading Account.
So here are the Documents Required (A, B & C) to open an Account with BlackBull Markets.
A) Proof of Identity (POI)
- Scanned copy of an International Passport. This is the best form of ID we can accept and if you are able to submit a Passport, then you are almost there! However, if you do not have a Passport, then you would be required to submit; OR
- A Notarised Version of your ID Card. This would entail you visiting a Registered Notary to Certify your document, and then this document would need to be sent to us or uploaded into your Client Portal. You can usually find a list of local notaries through searching online.
Getting your identification certified :
If you do not have an International Passport, a certified copy of your ID Card must be witnessed by a trusted referee within the last 3 months and include:
- A statement to the effect that the documents provided are a true copy and represent the identity of the named individual such as ‘I certify this to be a true copy of the original document, which I have sighted, and the photo represents a true likeness of (Your Name) who presented the document to me for certification’.
- Include the name of the trusted referee, their capacity to certify, signature and date of signing.
B) Proof of Address (POA)
- The best form of a POA is a Bank Statement, and we would require this dated in the last 3 months; OR
- Another form of a suitable POA is a Utility Bill, and this could be a Gas, Electricity or Water Bill, addressed to you and dated in the last 3 months.
C) Linking Photo
Just to finalise the KYC, we would require a picture of you holding up either an ID Card or a Passport. This is just to verify your identity, as in this age cyber crime is on the rise and as a prevention mechanism we ask for this picture.
Kindly upload these documents to your Client Portal, by logging in here
OR; You could email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please do let us know.
Happy & Safe Trading,